Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

We spent the 4th of July in Bear Lake. My mom & I loaded up our boat, packed up the boys, and headed up to the lake by ourselves last Tuesday. We usually go Logan way (Maddox! Need I say more?) but this time we decided that since we were pulling the boat we would go through Evanston. Last time we went that way, it was winter, and I got pulled over. I guess we're making it a tradition, because once again, we got pulled over. When we hooked up the boat, I guess we didn't put the plug for the running lights in all the way, so they weren't on. What a lame reason for getting a ticket! Just for the record, on both occasions, we were able to get by with just a warning! Phew!

Anyway, we stopped at the Wal-Mart to pick up a few last minute items, so Cody took the opportunity to drive.

As soon as we got to the cabin, we were unloading everything and I walked into my room to put some stuff away, and there was Bo, just chillaxin' like he had had such a rough day! It was too cute to pass up a photo op.


The next morning while we were getting breakfast ready, Bo decided to pull out all the stops on the chill factor...

Sweet Shades Baby!

Doodle took some time to wrestle with the kids. They ganged up on him, and they won!

When he finally collapsed, Cody just yanked his hair up and said "Come On!", and kicked him until he got back up!
It was an awesome weekend, we had a blast with our old friends the Peterson's, and the lake was beautiful. I promise I will make more of an effort to get better pictures! I just always forget to take my camera! The boys had a blast on the boat, and playing in the sand on the beach. We'll see what I can do for the 24th!

4 comments:

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Fun! I love the picture of Codo driving and the one of Bo 'chillaxin'.

Katy said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Too bad we didn't run into you...maybe on the 24th.

Rob and Heather said...

Looks like another fun weekend up north. Stinks about the police. Bo does look really relaxed!

Tyler and Margaret said...

We want an update!!!
Miss you guys!!!