Monday, January 11, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday...

This day has been one for the history books, and it all went down before Noon!
I had to take Cody to school this morning, just like every other Monday, but that's where it all stopped being "Normal". When I got in the car this morning to take Cody to school, I noticed my gas light was on. I figured it can't have been on that long, so I would take Cody to school and then head over to the gas station. We made it to school without any problems, but when I started up the road towards the nearest gas station, my car started surging, and feeling like it was losing power. Oh my Heck! I was running out of Gas! I have never ever ever ever in my entire life run out of gas! I was praying like crazy to just let me get to the gas station so I wasn't stranded in the cold with my two year old. Seriously, we coasted into Maverick on fumes. I put my car in park and reached for my wallet. WHAT THE CRAP! WHAT WALLET????
Yep. No Gas, No Money!
I started counting out all the change I could find in my car (under seats and everything!) when this nice man came over to see if I needed help. I explained that I had left my wallet at home, but didn't have enough gas to get home to get it, and then make it back to the gas station! The nice guy gave me two bucks and said it should be enough to make it home and back. So with my $1.35 in change, and his two bucks, I had enough to run home.
Okay. Crisis #1 averted, kind of, but there's more!!
My wallet was at my mom's house, not mine, so I ran over to her house. I left Bo in the car with the car running because I just had to run in, grab my wallet, and run out again! It should have only taken 30 seconds tops! I ran in, grabbed my wallet, ran back out...
WHAT THE CRAP! MY CAR IS RUNNING! MY BABY IS IN IT! AND EVERY DOOR IS LOCKED!!! I didn't know car doors would lock with the keys in the ignition.
I have never ever ever ever in my life locked my keys in the car!
So there I am looking at Bo, and he's looking at me, and I'm thinking "Don't let him see you panic!" So I just start smiling at him and talking to him through the window.
I panicked. I called 911! I didn't know what else to do. I explained the situation to them and they said they would send someone right over.
I waited.
Bo started crying.
15 minutes later the cop shows up. I ask him to open my door, when he informs me he doesn't have a 'lock kit' but he can brake my window!
WHAT!?!
I CAN BRAKE MY OWN WINDOW! I CALLED YOU FOR HELP!
So, I called a locksmith. In the middle of telling the locksmith how to get to my mom's house, my.phone.dies.
If the cop hadn't been standing right there, I would have chucked that stupid thing as far as I could along with letting out a stream of curses that would make a sailor blush.
Instead, I made a little sound of desperation and asked the cop if I could use his phone.
I called the locksmith back, he told me he'd be there in 5-8 minutes. I think he made it in three! He was so kind, and opened my door and let me grab my kid and run in the house.
When I came out again, the locksmith was gone. He said he didn't charge when kids were involved. How great is he?
The cop had to write it up. I didn't get a ticket or anything. (I wouldn't have blamed him if I did) but he did have to fill out a report on the situation. Bo was pretty upset, but we held each other for a while and he finally fell asleep. My poor baby!
So yeah, today has been pretty bad so far.
I need a nap!

3 comments:

KRISTIE KIRCHEN said...

Oh my gosh!! I hope today is better.

Rob and Heather said...

What a horrible day. I am so glad that everything worked out! Poor mom!

Jamie said...

Holly - your little crew is darling! Honestly, so, so cute! And I'm so glad you found my blog. Isn't it so fun to keep up with each other? I LOVE blogging - maybe a little too much?