Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bad Idea...

The potty training has not been going so well at our house, so I decided to put it away for awhile, do a little more research, and try again when Cody and I are ready. Well, today I had this brilliant idea!
Every time I change Cody's diaper I tell him "this is sick" or "that's gross" (the potty training guide says to do this.) Anyway, I didn't think he was really getting it, because he would just laugh, and he would tell me "sick" or "gross". Well, today I am getting ready to change Bo's dirty diaper, and I think to myself, "Oh! I'll show Cody how gross this is! Then he'll get that it's gross, and he'll want to go in the big boy toilet!" Yeah. That didn't go over so well. I had Cody standing next to me, and I take off Bo's diaper and I say "see, gross!". Cody looks down at it, and then I see it.... The gag reflex! He starts gagging, and after a few gags, he blows his load! He totally puked! I just didn't know what to do! Cory was laughing his freaking head off (because this is what Cory does when he has to change poopie diapers) and I still had to clean up Bo! I totally made my kid puke because I showed him poop!! So, I ended up changing the poopie diaper, and then the puke off of Cody, and off the carpet! So NOT what I had planned, and so NOT worth it! Bad, Bad Idea!

3 comments:

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

Holly, I'm so glad you found my blog! That is a funny story. Your family is so adorable and It was good to see pictures of Your mom and dad and siblings too.

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Holy cow Holly that is awful!! I can't believe that Cody inherited that from Cory--I always thought Cor was faking it so he didn't have to change poopy diapers. Sorry, but I am still laughing...

Rob and Heather said...

Poor mom... I am not sure whether to laugh or go and take a shower. You are such a good mom... I think I might just have died!