Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Huntsman's bring in 2009 Redneck Style!!

Yeah, 2009 started off with a bang! We went to Bear Lake for New Year's, and it was awesome (I'll post my pictures on that later) But when we got back, all hell broke loose!
We have a neighbor kid take care of all our animals when we're gone, and he does a great job, however, he left the barn door open and our Well froze! For you city folk that don't realize how easy you have it being on city water and all, us Country bumpkins are still on wells, and propane tanks! It's usually not that bad, but when your well freezes up, your screwed!
We got home late Saturday night, so we just went to bed. In the middle of the night Cory says to me "Crap, I think we're out of propane!" Great! Our propane gives heat, and heats our water! So that seemed bad enough, but then I get up Sunday morning, and NO WATER! The well was frozen and we ran out of propane! Cory had to get a bunch of heaters to put around the well to thaw it out, and we called the propane company to come out and fill us up! So, I bundled up the kids and of to the parents houses we went! We spent the first couple nights at my parents house, and then we shifted and spend a couple nights at Cory's parents. THANK YOU for taking us in!!! We owe both of you more than we can say!!
As if that weren't bad enough, once we finally got back into our home, it was time for Cory's birthday! The big 3-0!! We decided to head to Wendover to celebrate! My mom & dad took our boys for us, and they just didn't know what they were getting into! We had a blast, but it was short lived.... We walked in the door from our over-nighter, and Bo was so, so sick! My mom had been up with him all night because he had such a bad fever and he couldn't get comfortable, so I just put him in the car and took him to the doctor thinking it was probably an ear ache or something. I took him to a HORRIBLE doctor that didn't pay any attention to my questions, and after looking in Bo's ears declared that he just had a virus and it should go away in a couple of days, good bye! What?!? So home again I went with my sick baby only to have him so miserable and trying so hard to keep his fever down. Then on Monday it looked like he was getting better... Nope! No such luck! I went to change his diaper and something looked a little odd. His scrotum was all swollen. Just a little puffy. I made Cory come look and he said it looked a little swollen but it was probably nothing but we would watch it. Yeah, three hours later, is right testicle was swollen to like 4 times the size of his other one! Something was definitely wrong!! So back to the doctor we went! (this time back to my normal pediatrician whom I love) He took his time examining my baby, answered all my questions, and then scheduled an ultra-sound to see what exactly is going on. We just got home from his ultra sound and are anxiously awaiting the doctor to call and tell us what is going on. I have been told not to panic. It is nothing life threatening, it is most likely a hydro seal, or a hernia. He may, or may not need surgery, but at least I have an idea of what I'm dealing with! Poor little sick kid! So, so far, 2009 is turning out to be a real bang up year!! All I can say, is after January, I am declaring the Huntsman's safe from anymore problems! We have had our turn, and the rest of the year is going to run smooth!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, your family is getting hit hard! Good luck with Bo, that's no fun worrying about sick kids. Good luck!

Rob and Heather said...

What a great start to the year. We are just hoping that this coming year is much smoother than last. Glad to hear that your house is back to normal, and hope that Bo is doing better. He is such a cutie.