Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1st Annual Weston Family Christmas Party!

Christmas is hands down my FAVORITE holiday! I love everything about it! This year was the first year in my entire life that we didn't have our "Loveday" Family Christmas party. My Grandma and her three sisters, and one brother started this tradition when my mom's siblings were just babies, so it's been going on for a long time, but with the passing of my grandma's brother, that family stopped coming, and then slowly, the party has become more work than fun, and after my own sweet grandma passed away, it seemed like all the fun went out of it, and it became so sad to go. This year, with all that was going on, the entire family decided that it was just time for families to go there own ways and start there own traditions. It was a little sad, and I will always remember all the great times we had at our parties, but we were all ready to move on! So, that being said, I couldn't stand to think that we wouldn't have a family Christmas party for Christmas! (Christmas Eve, and Christmas don't count!) So, I started a Weston's Family Christmas Party of my own, with the full intention that it will become what my Grandma and her siblings started so many years ago! I must say, we didn't do too bad...

We kicked off Christmas by having our Christmas party the first weekend in December. Rob, Heather, & Karlee came to town, so we had our entire family there. We had great food, and we had a great gift exchange! We set a limit of $10 bucks for gifts, and even though that may sound cheap, it was AWESOME! Because the limit was so low, everyone had to THINK really hard about what they were going to get! So, our gifts we gave each other were so full of meaning, and totally perfect for the person we gave to!

Of course we couldn't leave out the little kiddies. They got gifts from Santa, and Grandma & Grandpa gave them all some Christmas Pajamas!

As you can see, Cody was having a blast, but Karlee is wondering what the crap he's so excited about, and Bo is just being is sweet little self!


Grandma wanted a picture of her grand kids for the family Christmas card, so we tried... Some turned out pretty good, but trying to get three little kids to hold still and all smile at the same time is a little bit of a challenge!
All in all, we had a successful Christmas party, and I can't wait for next year!!

1 comment:

Rob and Heather said...

That was a really fun night. You are just the perfect host. I am kicking myself that I didn't take a picture of your table it was so beautiful.