Tuesday, June 10, 2008

St. George Trip

A couple weeks ago my mom, my brother David, my boys, and I all loaded up in the 'burban and headed south to spend the weekend with my older brother and his little family in St. George. The purpose of the trip was to pick up some queen size beds we got for a really good deal (we bought 9!) But we spent the weekend playing! First we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and I really had no idea that place could be so much fun! My boys had a blast! The food was good, but the entertainment was even better! There was a lady there blowing bubbles, and anyone who has children knows what that means... Fun! Fun! Fun! My boys were laughing so hard they were bringing in a crowd! Of course just watching the bubbles was not enough for Cody! He had to try to TASTE them!

Then they had this pink hat that I thought was so so cute, but of course since I have boys, I never get to buy those cute pink things, but I couldn't resist! I tried to get Cody to wear it...

Holy Cow! It was like I was torturing him! He threw it off, and as if that wasn't enough to prove his point, he had to stomp on the hat after. I guess he just wanted to make sure it was dead! (as you can see, Bo was not impressed with the hat either!)
Bo got over the Hat deal, but then he was wondering what the heck we were doing. I think he was getting bored.

Cody found this caterpillar like toy, but instead of riding it, he decided to push it all over the store making a car noise, and crashing into to everything!

Robbie was having a fun time trying to make Bo laugh.

Finally, we left the Cracker Barrel and headed to the Park!
Cody LOVES the park! And Bo is becoming a fan. There were kids all over the place and Cody was running all over trying to make friends. There were a group of kids that had to be like 6 or 7 and they were flying this helicopter thing that Cody thought was awesome. Every time the helicopter crashed all the kids would run over to it to throw it up in the air again. Cody LOVED this game so he was running with him. I was watching from a distance just to see how Cody interacted with these other kids, but one of the kids kept yelling at him to leave them alone. After a while the kid got pretty brave and he tried to push Cody down. I would have stepped in, but the push didn't even budge Cody, but the fact that he didn't move made the kid pretty nervous because he heaved "Whoa!" and then yelled at his friends that they should leave. Cody just turned around and went about his business! He is a tank!

We found the swings and Cody thought it was hilarious that he got to be in one swing, and Bo was next to him in another swing.

He was so pleased with himself.


It was Bo's first time in a swing, and I think he's sold on it! He just loved it!


Cody loves to swing, but he takes after his dad so after a little bit, he got pretty sick!


2 comments:

Rob and Heather said...

Oh it was a super fun weekend. I guess we have 2 more beds waiting for ya'll. They are safely in our garage.

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures of Bo in the swing are SO STINKING CUTE. He looks so dang happy in there, you need to bring the boys over next week and we can walk to the park!