Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dog Days

My husband is an animal lover. He has passed this trait on to his son.

On Sunday Cory got a call at 5:00am from some guy in Reno. That's right, my animal loving husband ordered a pointer from a guy in Reno. Well, the guy was on his way to California so he told Cory to meet him in Elko, Nevada to pick up his dog.

So, Cory set off to Elko (an eight hour drive) to pick up his beloved dog. I opted to stay home and await his arrival...

Okay, so she is an adorable little thing, but really with 6 other dogs, I was not that excited to get another one. But, when Cory brought her home, and I saw Cody with her, it melted my oh, so cold heart! You can just tell how much he loves her!

She is chewing on Bo's blanket, and I don't think Cody can decide if he should let the dog have her way, or if he should rescue his brother's blanket.

Then Cody came up with this great game... He would lay on the blanket and wait for the dog to come find him....



She definitely did not disappoint him!

Cody got this water/sand table from Grandma for his birthday which he loves, of course I think he loves it even more, now that he has a buddy to play in it with. (That's right, play IN it, because playing with it is just not good enough!)

Here he is standing in the sand side, trying to get the dog to get in the other side...

Once again, she does not disappoint! (I was too late getting the picture, she jumped in and then jumped right back out!)

Then she just stood by him while he played. He thought it was so funny to take hand fulls of sand and put it all over her and rub it in. Even though she is just a puppy, she let him do whatever he wanted to her. I think she's a keeper!

3 comments:

Becky said...

You have the CUTEST dang kids. We need to come and play. Kohen and Cody would have so much fun. Your doggie is so cute.

Rob and Heather said...

Dog Days indeed... Those dogs are so cute. I just like the puppies. You are such a good sport to tolerate all those dogs. Saint Holly!!!!

Rob and Heather said...

Where are you? Why NO Blogs? Your killing me!!!!!