Thursday, May 22, 2008

Who doesn't love Bowling?!

Last weekend my brother & sister-in-law came up from St. George to hang out. Their weekend started out a little rough, a speeding ticket for Heather (sorry Danica!) and a flat tire for Robbie, but they got over it and we went on to what I thought was a fantastic weekend!


We decided to hit the bowling alley. I was little nervous to take the kids because I didn't know how they would do, but holy cow! Cody LOVED it! We got him his own lane (so he could have bumpers and wouldn't have to wait for his turn) and he picked out his ball, and we were set.


I thought he would get bored with it pretty quick, but he bowled two whole games, and loved every second!


He would roll his ball, watch it go all the way down the lane, and then clap for himself when the pins got knocked down. Then he would run over to the ball return and watch for his ball to come up, and then he would start the process all over.

Getting ready to roll the ball...

Cody watching his Ball...
Even the babies enjoyed the bowling extravaganza. We bowled for at least three hours, and after the games, we stayed even longer for a contest, and the babies didn't make a peep!

Karlee and Bo Daniel hangin' out and takin' it all in!

I don't know who was more proud, Cody or Cory!

I tried to help Cody to give Cory a break, but he wouldn't have it! Apparently bowling is something Cody does with his Dad! It's not a mom thing!

Strike! Strike! Strike!

Look how anxious they are to see what will happen!

Of course, all things must come to an end. However, even though Cody did eventually tire of the actual bowling, he did not tire of the the bowling alley! He had a blast playing on the ball return! I know, weirdo!



I think Grandpa might have had more fun holding his favorite Grand-daughter Karlee...

And finally.... Drum Roll Please....

We were just getting ready to walk out the door when the DJ announced that they were having a contest to win a free game. All you had to do was bowl a strike. Well, that hit the competitive chord, so everyone gathered up there bowling balls again, and put their shoes back on and got in line. It paid off! My mom was the first to win her free game (on her first try) and the boys followed suit after a practice round, they all came away winners! They think they are awesome!

*I would like to make a note that Heather and I did not participate in the strike contest because our babies were so tired, we had to do the "mom" thing, however, had we participated, I feel confident in saying that we both would have bowled a strike on our first try! Take that Testosterone!

1 comment:

Rob and Heather said...

Bowling was a really fun idea. I was just so stinking tired, that I could have/should have just crawled up on one of those tables and took a nap. We'll need to start a little earlier next time, like 1pm.