Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Little on the TrAshY Side!!

This story is not for the weak...

So we had some neighbors that lived up the street from us that decided to move. They had a horse, but there new house didn't have a place for it, so they asked if they could leave there horse with us until they could figure out something else. Well, that was like a year ago and we haven't heard anything from them since! Unfortunately their horse died of natural causes day before yesterday, and this is where our story turns...

What do you do with a Horse when it dies you ask? Well, apparently in Tooele, you take them to the dump and there is an "Animal Pit" where you dump them. (This is all new to me) Well, horses are heavy and it died in it's stall. So, we called good ol' Chad to bring over his landscaping equipment to help us load the horse onto a flatbed trailer. However, he has a business to run so he didn't get to our house until about 4:15 and the dump closes at 5:00, so we didn't have time to take it, and Cory works Wednesday through Saturday. We certainly can't wait until Monday to get rid of the dead thing, and sorry to be crude, but it's bloating and it stinks! There was only one option. ME! Cory covered the poor animal with a tarp and the plan was for me to take the horse to the dump today. Well, Sally (my material sister) came out today because she fell last night and she thought she broke her wrist (don't worry! She's in a soft cast, but she is fine), but she wanted me to take her to the doctor. I told her I would take her to the doctor if she would ride out to the dumps with me. Reluctantly, she agreed. So, we loaded up my two boys and Sally and I headed to the dumps. The dumps are clear at the end of town so we had to drive right down main street all the way through town with a dead horse in tow. As if that is not bad enough, the tarp got loose in the back so now the poor horses tail was flapping in the breeze, and his hooves were sticking out. Sally could not believe what she was doing! Finally we got to our destination. Now, everyone told me that when you take an animal to the dump there is someone there to help you un-load, Cory SWORE that I would not have to do anything except pull up. Unfortunately, either I was ill-informed, or the girl that works at the dump was because that was not the case. We pulled up to the window to tell the lady where we had to go, and asked who would be able to help me. She said "we don't provide men or equipment to help you unload your waste!" So I asked "How do I get this thing off the trailer then?" to which she replied, "the same way you got it on!" Okay lady! Thanks for your help! Did she expect me to use my superhuman strength? It's like 900 pounds! I looked at Sally who quickly dashed any hope I had of getting help from her! So, we drove around the dump, looking for the "animal pit" and keeping our eyes out for someone to help us get rid off our "waste". There was no one there! The place was empty except for our new friend and a bunch of garbage. So, we just turned around and left. We had to make our way back through Tooele with a big dead horse still on our trailer. The tarp was practically off, and we were getting all kinds of glares and disgusted looks, and it hit me, I know I said before that I had become a Redneck Woman, but to quote the country song, "I'm a little on the trashy side". I have crossed a line, and I don't know if I can come back!

4 comments:

Anne said...

OH MY GOSH!! I am so sorry for you! That has to be the worst experience ever. To even have to drive around, getting nasty looks, then to not have any idea where to dump it when you finally get there and not have anyone help you!! I say shame on the dump!! Seriously who are they kidding, do they think you have hydraulics on that trailer or something? I can not believe how lame that is. They have to have someone to help you. Chad will HAVE to help you tomorrow. I feel so bad for you, and Sally!!

Rob and Heather said...

Oh No! That story is horrible. I am sure you were getting sympathetic stares... What horrible experience. Thats what we women get for trusting our "ALL KNOWING" partners. Atleast you tried to help. Question: Where is the horse now? Yucky!!

Jill Huntsman said...

Everyone can relax because Cory talked his little brother, Zach into taking it back to the dumps the next day so Holly wouldn't have to. He also told Zach that there really should be someone there to help but to bring a rope just in case. Well, Zach is a man of few words so he didn't even ask anyone to help. He couldn't find anything to tie it to over by the dead animal pit so he just tied it to a random pole in the middle of the dumps and drove away and left it lying there! We're probably going to get some kind of fine or ticket in the mail because I'm sure you can't just dump a dead horse anywhere and drive away like that. But at least it's out of Cory and Holly's front yard. The neighbors were really starting to stare and it reaked!

Jill Huntsman said...

P.S. Holly, no picture? You usually provide us with such graphic pics!