Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Since my boys are too little to write about how wonderful they think I am, I thought that on this mother's day, I would write about how wonderful I think they are!

Cody is growing up so fast and is my little shadow. Today he gave me his first ever Mother's Day gift. When I went to pick him up from nursery he had a bright orange hot pad with his had print in the middle (they dipped his had in paint and put it on the hot pad) with a "Happy Mother's Day" message and his name on the bottom. It is a gift I will always treasure! Cody may be by far the best number one snuggler in the entire world! My favorite thing is when Cody comes into my room at night and climbs in bed with me, and gets as close as he can to me and makes me put my arm around him and then he squeezes my arm close until I squeeze him really tight and then he falls back to sleep. Sometimes during the day he'll be playing or doing whatever he wants, and it's like all the sudden he just decides that I need a kiss, so he'll come over and put both his hands on either side of my face and has to give me a smooch, and then he gets down and goes back to whatever he was doing. He has the sweetest heart and the happiest disposition. He is always up to something and there is never a dull moment when he is around.

Bo Daniel is my little angel. He just drips with sweetness and there is nothing better than being the receiver of one of his angelic smiles. Although he is not a cuddler, there is nothing I love better than when he falls asleep so I can just hold him and cuddle up to him.

Being a mom to these two boys is the greatest blessing in my life. I feel so humbled to know that my heavenly father trusted me with these two special spirits! I love them more than I can express and I am so proud of them. Mother's Day has come to mean so much to me. It is hard to believe that I can be put into the same category as my mother, grandmother's, mother-in-law, and sister-in-laws. These women are seriously incredible and have been such great examples to me and my children I can only hope that I will live up to their expectations.

3 comments:

Rob and Heather said...

Holly- you are such a good mom. Those two boys are so so lucky to have you as their mom. Rob said he tried calling ya guys tonight, but never got an answer. oh well.. Happy Mother's Day!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Holly, you are a fantastic mama! I've never seen a little boy love his mom more than Cody loves you. BTW, our discovery passes came in the mail--we are official! Remind me to give you yours next time I see you.

Jill Huntsman said...

Holly. we are so proud of you and Cory. You're the best parents. I've always told you that you dropped out of heaven when Cory needed you most in his life. And now, seeing what a great little Mom you've become, just makes me more thankful for you. And, you're doing a great job raising Cody and Bo.We absolutely love having them right next door!