Thursday, April 24, 2008

Late Night Snack Anyone?


A few nights ago after I had put Bo to bed, I was trying to get Cody to sleep but every time he got close to falling asleep he would get up again. I was getting really frustrated with him and I could not figure out why he wouldn't go to bed! It was 11:30 pm! Way past his bedtime! Finally I got mad and I said, "What do you want!?" Well, Cody doesn't talk. He can talk, he just won't talk! But he is the sweetest thing in the whole world! He gave me a kiss, (because he knows he can get anything he wants that way) and then took my finger and led me into the kitchen. He then climbed into his highchair and sat looking at me. I did not think for a moment that he was hungry, but when he gets in his highchair, he wants food! So I made him some peanut butter toast and gave it to him thinking he wouldn't touch it, but to my surprise, he ate every drop! When he was done, I wiped him off and set him on the floor, and I turned to clean up the mess and wipe up the counter and when I went into the family room, there he was sound asleep on the couch! I guess he just wanted a little something to top him off until morning!!

(I had to document this occasion because I can not get Cody to eat, ever! So when he wanted to eat this late at night, it had to go on record!)

2 comments:

Rob and Heather said...

That is such a cute story. And all he wanted was a little something until the morning. Ah that is adorable. He is getting so big. His hair color is even darker, is it or is it just me?

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

HAHA--hey whatever it takes to get that kid to eat! He's practically wasting away...tonight at Grandma's Jaxson took the plug out of Cody's mouth and FORCE FED him a cookie. Cody tried to fight him off at first, but he finally just gave in and ate the cookie...maybe you just need to borrow Jaxson?