Sunday, August 3, 2008

LaKE pOweLL

We kicked off the summer with a week long trip to Lake Powell!

I was so worried before we went. I was nervous that my boys would get sunburned, or dehydrated, or tired of being on the boat, or whatever else I worked myself up over. I should have known better! My boys LOVED every second! They were perfect little angels all week long and they loved the boat, they loved our tent, they loved the sand, and they LOVED the water! I have two Water Dogs! Happy Kids make a Happy Mom!

Bo & Cody on the Boat lovin' life!

The marina was always a fun spot! Cory entertained the kids by fishing for the carp with his bare hands!

He caught one, but we think it was knocked up! So Nasty!!

The kids LOVED the tube! We pulled them all over the lake, and that is one big lake! I think Cody even took a few naps on that thing!

Cory, Cody, Ashley, Seth, Aiden, & Kami

The kids had so much fun and they were so cute to play with my little boys. Cute little Ashley had a little accident on the boat and sliced her foot open. Luckily we had "Dr. Raul" in our group and he pulled out his first aid kit and stitched her up right there in the middle of the lake on a boat and we must say he did an excellent job! We were pretty happy he was with us.



Cody is just a partying fool! Here he is with Grandma eating his dessert...
Did I say Eating it? I meant smearing it all over his face! What do you get when you mix melty chocolate, sand, and Cody together? One big fat mess!!

Bo Daniel loves, loves, loves, his Grandpa! I don't think he stopped smiling the entire week!

Every time the boat pulled up to the marina Cody was off like a shot! Cory started sticking him in the carts so he wouldn't keep running away!

The idea caught on, and soon all the kids wanted a ride, and then Cody wanted to be the pusher.


Ah. Simple Pleasures!

Cody, our little pistol running down the dock! People really had to jump out of his way!



Of course our sweet little Bo was just happy sitting back and watching his older Brother. My little Angel Boy!

Uncle Dave is crazy about his little Bo Bo!

Grandpa took time out of driving his new boat to sit back and relax with his two boys! They adore each other!

Cody is riding in the bow of the boat, and he got a little nervous on the big waves, but only for a second, and then it was his very favorite spot on the boat!

Lake Powell was awesome and a great time was had by all!
We can't wait to get back there again!!

1 comment:

Rob and Heather said...

Looks like everyone had a really good time. I love that lake.