Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I need H E L P!!!

We are potty training at the Huntsman House, and it's not going as good as it could! I bought some cool underpants, and Cody loved them. I bought some treats and some little toys and he knows he only gets them when he gets on the potty, and he's doing really well with SITTING on the potty, but so far it's a no go for the actually GOING in the potty! I need some tips, or pointers, or some fresh ideas! This boy is ready to be potty trained, and I am failing him! :0)
Help a Motha out people!!

1 comment:

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Oh man, potty training was my worst mom experience so far--HANDS DOWN!!! Sorry, isn't that encouraging?

We just devoted a couple of days to it where you try not to go anywhere, and pump him full of liquids all day so that when you put him on the potty, he's bound to go some of the time. And then you just get realllllly excited, and they start to understand what it feels like to go. It still took another couple of weeks after that.

A BIG tip that helped (from a mom of 5!) was that once they start getting it, no more pullups/diapers (except when they're sleepting), even if that means you are cleaning up pee all day for a few days.

Good luck! Let me know if you want me to send Jaxson over to "learn Codo how to pee".