Monday, September 1, 2008

Goin' on a Bear Hunt....

This last weekend Cory went on a Bear Hunt in Moab with some friends and his dogs...

They tree'd a few bears, and I guess they had a great time! I don't know that I would say running up a mountain with a bunch of howling dogs chasing a bear is a "great time" but he was really happy when he got home and had to tell us all about it. Those houndsmen are some crazy people! Here are some pictures of the bears they got...






There is a Rig Dog that picks up the trail (scent of the bear), when he starts howling you let the rest of the dogs go and they take off after the bear. The bear runs and climbs a tree and the hounds surround the tree howling and jumping. It's all very loud but really exciting and all the guys are really proud of there dogs! Sounds fun boys!!!!

2 comments:

Tyler and Margaret said...

Hey! I'm so glad you found us! My sister-in-law started the blog for the whole family to write whenever so it is completely open for everyone so feel free to comment! I love it! We miss you guys too, I've already missed some fun family events it looks like!

Rob and Heather said...

sounds and looks like cory had fun